Yoga tour in Tibet
LARGE EXPEDITION TO TIBET
from 5 to 25 September 2022, 20 days
We will go to yoga tour to Tibet to the most sacred places of this land. The program of the yoga tour includes making the outer Kora around Mount Kailash. The trip includes visiting the following places:
- Samye monastery – the first Buddhist monastery in Tibet;
- Ganden monasterywhich Lama Tsongkhapa founded;
- cave monastery Drak Yerpawhere Padmasambhava meditated with his wife Yeshe Tsogyal;
- Jokhang monastery – the abode of the statue of Buddha Shakyamuni, which was made during his lifetime;
- Drepung monastery – the largest monastery of the Gelugpa school, where the famous statue of the Future Buddha Maitreya is installed;
- Tashilhunpo monastery – the residence of the Panchen Lam;
- Kya Ngatsa (Kua Ngatsa) – Milarepa’s birthplace (near the modern city of Kirong / Kriyong)
- Lake Manasarovarwhere, according to legends, Shiva’s wife, Parvati, loved to spend her time;
- Chiu monasterywhere Padmasambhava spent his last 7 days of life;
- making the outer crust around the sacred Kailash mountains (2 days), one of the strongest places on Earth.
Along the entire route there will be lectures and talks about yoga and self-improvement, practices of the OM mantra. The practice of hatha yoga asanas will be carried out wherever possible and relevant.
1 day – Meeting at the airport. First meeting with members of the main group. Departure from Moscow.
2 day – Arrival at Lhasa airport. Accommodation at a hotel in Tsetang. Rest after the flight. Evening mantra Om.
3 day – Acclimatization in Tsetang. Hatha yoga practice. In the evening, discussion of the travel plan and acquaintance with the participants. Answers on questions. Evening practice of the mantra Om.
Day 4 – Visit Samye monastery – the first Buddhist monastery in Tibet, founded during the time of Padmasambhava and King Trisong Deutsen. Excursion to the monastery. Moving to Lhasa. Hotel accommodation. In the evening, the collective mantra OM.
Day 5 – Morning practice of meditation and hatha yoga. Visit to Ganden monasteries. In one of the sutras, Buddha Shakyamuni predicted the construction of a monastery Ganden, or in Sanskrit “Tushita” – a name in honor of the pure land of the coming Buddha Maitreya.
6 day – Morning practice of meditation and hatha yoga. In the morning: visit to Jokhang monastery.
Jokhang monastery – the spiritual center of Tibet and a sacred place for all followers of Tibetan Buddhism. In the central hall is the main treasure of the monastery – the Statue of Buddha Shakyamuni, which was made during his lifetime. In the afternoon – visit to the cave monastery Drak Yerpa. This complex consists of many meditation caves and small temples. Drak Yerpa is considered the most ancient place in Tibet where hermits practiced. Here the Precious Guru Padmasambhava, invited by King Trisong Deutsen, meditated together with his wife Yeshe Tsogyal. He spent more than seven months here in meditation and here he acquired some of his supernatural powers.
7 day – Morning practice of meditation and hatha yoga. Visit to Drepung monastery.
Drepung – the largest monastery of the Gelugpa school. There are many magnificent examples of wall painting, fine sculptures and other works of masters in the monastery. The famous statue of the Future Buddha Maitreya is installed in this monastery.
Day 8 – Morning meditation practice. Departure to Shigatse. Visit to Tashilhunpo monastery.
Tashilhunpo monastery is traditionally the seat of the Panchen Lama, who is considered an emanation of Buddha Amitabha. The full name of the monastery in Tibetan literally means “all happiness and prosperity are gathered here.” This monastery has the largest Maitreya Buddha statue… Transfer to Ladze (about three hours). Overnight at the Ladze hotel.
Day 9 – Departure from Ladze to Kriyong. Visit Pakba temple, which is a very ancient temple built by King Sonzen Gampo for princess Brikhuti from Nepal. This temple also houses a very significant Buddha statue. Overnight at Kriyong.
Day 10 – Departure from Kriyong to Paryang. On the way visit the places connected with Milarepa. Small ascent (about 1.5 hours). Accommodation at the hotel in Paryang.
Day 11 – Transfer Paryang-Darchen. Visit to Manasarovar, Chia monastery, time for practice near the lake.
Lake Manasarovar Is another legendary place in Tibet. According to the Vedic texts, Shiva’s wife, the goddess Parvati, loved to spend time here. Personal practices in the Chiu cave (“Bird monastery”), where Padmasabhava practiced for the last 7 days before he left this world. From the top of the monastery there are magnificent views of the Rakshas Tal and Manasarovar lakes, as well as the snow-capped peak of Kailash. Transfer to Purang. Overnight at the Puranga hotel.
12 day – Morning meditation practice. Visit to the temple in Puranga. Acclimatization before the Bark. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 13 – Moving to Darchen. Hotel accommodation. Overnight in Darchen. Rest before Cora.
Day 14 – The beginning of Cora. Sacred detour around Mount Kailash. *
15 day – Cora’s second day. We will overcome the Drolma-La pass (5,740m). Overcoming the pass symbolizes a new birth and overcoming accumulated karma. Visit to Zatul Phuk monastery. Practice at Milarepa’s cave. Return to Darchen. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 16 – Transfer Darchen – Ladze. Photo stops for the amazing landscapes of Tibet. Practice hatha yoga wherever possible. Accommodation and rest at a hotel in Ladze.
Day 17 – Transfer to Ladze – Lhasa. Photo stops for the amazing landscapes of Tibet. Practice hatha yoga wherever possible. Accommodation and rest at a hotel in Lhasa.
Day 18 – Morning meditation. Hatha yoga practice. Free day in the city. Summing up the trip. Mantra Om…
19 day – Morning meditation. Hatha yoga practice. Departure from Lhasa to Guangzhou, arrival. Overnight in Guangzhou.
Day 20 – Departure from Guangzhou to Moscow, arrival to Moscow.
* – it is possible to pass the Inner Kor and radial exits to the faces of Kailash along special program…
Map of our journey
For those who have already traveled with the oum.ru club 2700 $
There is an individual discount for yoga teachers.
included in the price:
– transfers along the route in Tibet on a comfortable bus
– double occupancy, with shower and toilet in the room * (except for two nights during Kora)
– accommodation in guest houses in small towns and during Kora (4-6 local accommodation)
– entrance tickets along the route:
– excursion program and guide
– lectures and practices in yoga
– porters or yaks for 2 days Kora around Kailash (at the rate of 1 porter for 2 people (maximum 12 kg)
– payment for transit sections of roads and some parking lots where buses are obliged to stop.
* – In the event of a force majeure situation, the program can be corrected.
the price does NOT include:
– flight to Lhasa;
– Chinese visa + medical insurance (~ 100 usd)
– food (food is paid for independently, it takes about $ 200)
– the cost of photo and video filming in temples and places that we visit
– tips for the guide and drivers ($ 30-50)
A trip to Kailash means getting out of your usual comfort zone. For most people, this is austerity… Events may appear that will test you for strength and resilience. Not just sun, snow or rain.
Please be prepared for the fact that not the most familiar conditions and circumstances may appear around you, as well as for the understanding and realization that all these circumstances appear only for your development and due to the karmic conditions you created in the past.
Asceticism help to see your Path in a new way and, possibly, to establish yourself on it.
We will be glad to go together to the sacred places of Tibet!
Join if possible!