In Ukraine, there are three types of venomous snakes, as well as snakes, snakes, lizards, turtles and others, the Ministry of Health writes.
See also: How to protect yourself from ticks and not pick up the infection: important tips
Their activity decreases after the average temperature rises. They can bite when a person accidentally steps on, sits down or lies down.
Doctors advise immediately contact a doctor. Bites for children, the elderly and people with reduced immunity are especially dangerous. Snake venom causes the destruction of red blood cells in humans. At the site of the bite, a painful swelling with multiple small hemorrhages, hemorrhages, is formed immediately.
A person who has been bitten by a snake, there is a general weakness, a sharp decrease in pressure, swelling of tissues and inflammation of the lymph nodes.
What to do when a snake bites, if transportation takes a long time
1. Do not panic and make sure that the victim is less moved.
2. Release the affected area.
3. Apply a sterile dressing with an antiseptic to the affected area.
4. Bring water to the victim, he needs to drink a lot.
5. If there is a first aid kit, give the person allergy medication.
6. Lay the affected area on an elevation during transport.
7. Attach to the bite the ice previously wrapped in cloth.
What not to do with a snake bite:
– do not treat the wound additionally;
– do not cauterize the affected area;
– Do not apply a tourniquet;
– Do not suck the poison (this can be done only when it is impossible to get to the doctor in the coming hours)
– Do not drink alcohol.
By the way, the arrival of the warm season is attractive in many aspects: there is no need to wear warm jackets, everything is green and blooming around. However, there is another side to the coin – in the case of flowering of trees and flowers, a person risks being stung by bees, wasps and bumblebees.