So, the journalists of the Gizmodo publication interviewed anatomists about what organs a person could do without.
See also: Organ transplantation: when will it fully work in Ukraine and what is the delay?
Here are the results:
1. The gall bladder. It is removed due to the formation of stones in it, which does not affect the quality of life of the patient.
2. The left lung. The right lung is larger in volume, it can be enough for a full life.
A person can live without five organs
3. The appendix. The diet of modern man allows you to live without an appendix, which helps to digest rough foods rich in fiber.
4. The kidney. Here the situation is similar to the lung, this organ alone is enough for life.
5. Coccyx – the lower part of the spine. These are the remains of the tail.
But we must not forget that there are many studies proving the vital necessity of these organs. Talking about their "optionality" is incorrect.
More news regarding treatment, medicine, nutrition, healthy living and much more – read in the Health section.