Pediatrician Olya Leskiv notes: there is no need to buy a pacifier.
This is important: Why should not a child wear orthopedic shoes
Why you should not give your baby a pacifier
1. Anatomically, for the correct attachment to the breast, the child needs to open his mouth wide and the nipple is deep inside. And to suck a dummy or nipple from a bottle, a child does not need to open his mouth so wide.
2. When sucking a breast and a dummy, different muscle groups work and when sucking a dummy, the muscles get tired faster, so the baby sucks less. Accordingly, the baby has a "nipple confusion", and he can refuse the breast.
3. And the baby gets milk from the breast himself, and it does not go in the same flow, sometimes more, sometimes less, from the bottle the flow of the mixture is the same all the time.
4. Tactile and emotional contact also contributes to the production of milk, and when feeding a bottle or if there is a fool, the child has less time with her mother.
Pediatrician does not recommend buying a pacifier for babies
5. The nipple can spoil the bite. Since the nipple, although made of soft material, is not plastic, and the child must adapt to it, his jaw, muscles and teeth do not grow properly due to the presence of the nipple. Hence the problems not only with the bite, but also with the functioning of the entire dental system.
6. The use of a dummy is a risk of a bad habit in the future, because the child gets used to having something in his mouth.
7. A fool, like any foreign object, is a source of infection. According to studies, in babies who had a fool, thrush in the mouth was observed twice as often as in children without it.
8. And there is a risk of injury.
If the child is hungry, then feed him, and if not, then why would he need extra items that interfere with the development of the maxillofacial system and speech.
More news regarding treatment, medicine, nutrition, healthy living and much more – read in the Health section.