Healthy foods and supplements are not substitutes for medications and do not guarantee the prevention of certain diseases. But with their help, you can strengthen the immune system. This is especially important in a pandemic. Everyone should take care of their own health. Let’s talk about supplements and foods that help boost immunity.
Before taking minerals and vitamins, it is recommended to consult a doctor regarding dosage and possible contraindications. Consultation is especially needed for those who are taking any medications.
Means that strengthen the immune system
1. Vitamin C – Essential to support the function of immune cells. When this vitamin is included in the diet, it will be possible to reduce the duration of infectious diseases of the respiratory system. According to the studies, with the use of 1-2 g of vitamin per day, the duration of treatment for infectious diseases in adults decreased by 8%, and in children by 14%.
Subscribe to our INSTAGRAM account!
2. Vitamin D – belongs to the group of fat-soluble substances that improve the functioning of the immune system. Many suffer from a deficiency of this trace element, sometimes this is the reason for the development of asthma. With regular use of this supplement, the protection of the upper respiratory tract is improved. For serious illnesses such as hepatitis C and HIV, the addition of a vitamin to the diet speeds up the treatment process, the recommended dose in such cases is 1000-4000 IU.
3. B vitamins – essential to support the immune system. Lack of these trace elements leads to a decrease in the body’s defense reaction.
4. Zinc – excellently strengthens the immune system and reduces the risk of developing inflammation. According to statistics, about 2 billion people suffer from zinc deficiency, especially the elderly. Taking a zinc supplement doubles the speed of recovery from respiratory diseases. The optimal daily dosage is no more than 40 mg.
five. Selenium – enhances the body’s defenses and reduces the risk of getting the flu.
6. Black elderberry – helps in the treatment of infectious diseases. Elderberry extract has antibacterial properties and strengthens the immune system.
7. Medicinal mushrooms (reishi, maitake, shiitake and others) – stimulate the immune system, therefore they are successfully used to prevent and treat many diseases, for example, asthma and lung infections. One study found that taking 1.68 grams of cordyceps mushroom extract increased the defense of immune cells by 38%.
8. Echinacea extract – protects the body from respiratory diseases and rhinoviruses.
9. Pelargonium extract – facilitates the course of respiratory infections, improves the condition of bronchitis.
ten. Licorice – protects the body from viral infections due to the presence of useful components in the mass, including glycyrrhizin.
11. Garlic – one of the most effective antiviral products, stimulates the work of NK cells and leukocytes.
12. Curcumin – has an anti-inflammatory effect, improves the body’s defenses. Immune cells are involved in many important processes in the human body, protecting it from viruses, bacteria and toxins. Regular exercise, good sleep and balanced nutrition contribute to strengthening the immune system. Published by econet.ru.
Video compilation HEALTH MATRIX The best specialists in holistic medicine, doctors, osteopaths, kinesiologists, nutritionists share their knowledge in the field of restoration and preservation of health.
PS And remember, just by changing your consumption – together we are changing the world! © econet
* Articles from Econet.ru are intended for informational and educational purposes only and do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your doctor for any questions you may have about your health condition.