Skin pigmentation is a malfunction of specialized melanocyte cells, said dermatologist Svetlana Yakubovskaya.
See also: How to prepare for an appointment with a dermatologist
Why does skin pigmentation occur?
A large role in this is given to:
exposure to the sun; heredity; hormonal changes (pregnancy / childbirth, etc.); taking certain medications (COCs, tetracycline, furosemide, etc.); thyroid dysfunction, etc.
That is why you must remember that fighting / resisting pigmentation and not protecting yourself from the sun will fail.
Skin pigmentation treatment
The treatment of pigmentation is associated not only with the use of special therapeutic agents, but also with the exception of its possible causes. And for an effective fight against pigmentation, a combination of agents is important.
Sun protection is important in treating age spots.
1. It is necessary to exfoliate the skin well. And besides acids / enzymes, no one can do this so well.
For example, glycolic acid
– ISIS PHARMA cream-peeling with glycolic acid;
– Bravura London peeling with 10% glycolic acid.
For sensitive and dry skin, agents with enzymes are better suited:
–Enzymatic peeling from Dermedic
– Brightening night cream Albucin-intensive from Pharmaceris
And of course, azelaic acid (preferably in the form of a cream 20%).
2. Launch skin repair processes. And here in the first place, of course, retinoids. Do not forget about vitamin C
We are looking for more stable forms in its composition – Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate / Palmitate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate and the like.
3. Spot lighting.
All of the above funds will also do just fine with this.
But you can add:
– The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2%;
night cream from pigmented spots Melumin from Dermedic;
– Neotone serum Isis Pharma + in with 6% glycolic acid.
More news regarding treatment, medicine, nutrition, healthy living and much more – read in the Health section.