Motorists, willy-nilly, have to learn the rules of the road, otherwise the exam will not pass and not get a driver's license. And cyclists do not need to have a “crust” to legally pedal. Therefore, not everyone understands: he got behind the wheel of a two-wheeled vehicle – it means that he has become a full participant in the road traffic and is obliged to comply with certain requirements. And it concerns both adults and children.
Rules for cyclists are spelled out in the SDA, failure to comply with them is punishable by a fine of up to 1,500 rubles. But most importantly – the offender risks health, and sometimes life.
Pro fines for cyclists
Article 12.29 of the Administrative Code.
Violation of the traffic rules by a pedestrian or other person involved in the traffic process
2. Violation of the Rules of the road by a person driving a bicycle … shall entail the imposition of an administrative fine in the amount of eight hundred rubles.
3. Violation of the Rules of the road by persons referred to in paragraph 2 of this article, committed while intoxicated, shall entail the imposition of an administrative fine in the amount of from one thousand to one thousand five hundred rubles.
Article 12.30 of the Administrative Code.
Violation of the Traffic Regulations by a pedestrian or other road user (including a cyclist), which caused the creation of interference in the movement of vehicles or the infliction of light or moderate injury to the injured
1. Violation of the Traffic Rules by a pedestrian, a passenger of a vehicle or another road user (with the exception of the driver of a vehicle), which caused the creation of interference in the movement of vehicles, is punishable by an administrative fine in the amount of one thousand rubles.
2. Violation of the Traffic Regulations by a pedestrian, a passenger of a vehicle or another road user (with the exception of the driver of a vehicle), who inadvertently caused a minor or moderate injury to the victim’s health, is punishable by an administrative fine in the amount of from one thousand to one thousand five hundred rubles.
Our portal together with the traffic police inspector of the Gubkinsky OGIBDD Yana Chuyeva prepared a series of publications on the rules for safe cycling. Today – lesson number 1.
To whom and where can I ride a bike
1. For cyclists over 14 years old
From the age of 14, you can ride a bike along a cycle path or cycle path, or a lane for cyclists. In their absence – on the right edge of the roadway. Roadside traffic is allowed if it does not interfere with pedestrians.
Where can I drive a bike if you are 14+. Prepared by Elena Svetlaya.
When driving on the roadway, remember: a cyclist is not a pedestrian! This means that it is impossible to move towards motor transport! It is allowed to drive along the sidewalk or pedestrian walkway if you accompany a cyclist under the age of 14 years or carry a child under the age of 7 years. Either in the case when there are neither bicycle paths, nor bike lines, and it is impossible to go along the side of the road or the roadway. When cycling rounds, cyclists must move in one row. Movement in two rows is allowed if the width of the bikes does not exceed 0.75 m. (Paragraph 25.4 of traffic rules-2019).
2. For cyclists from 7 to 14 years
If you are under 14 years old, you cannot ride a bicycle on the carriageway!
Cyclists from 7 to 14 years old can ride on sidewalks, pedestrian and cycle paths, as well as within pedestrian zones.
Please note: "cyclists-schoolchildren" have no right to ride on bike lanes, the carriageway and the roadside. Prepared by Elena Svetlaya.
3. For cyclists under 7 years old
Children under 7 years old can ride a bike only when accompanied by an adult pedestrian!
You can move along sidewalks, pedestrian and cycle walkways (on the side of pedestrian traffic), as well as within pedestrian areas (through parks, squares, etc.)
Parents for a loan: the yard, where motor vehicles are allowed to travel, does not apply to pedestrian areas. Therefore, it is better to abstain from children from cycling on inside passages. Prepared by Elena Svetlaya.
Good to know:
Bicycle paths are of two types: with separate and with combined movement of pedestrians and cyclists. On the bike paths, the direction of travel can be indicated. Watch the road signs, they will tell you which path is in front of you.
About the bike paths. Prepared by Elena Svetlaya.
When a cyclist must become a pedestrian
The first and perhaps the main case – the intersection of the roadway on the "zebra".
At a pedestrian crossing. Prepared by Elena Svetlaya.
But if a cyclist moves on the roadway, including the cycle line, before the "zebra" he must stop and miss pedestrians.