Some people deliberately refuse to eat for a certain period and note that this has a positive effect on health. It is believed that intermittent fasting helps not only improve mood, but also rejuvenate the body.
We will tell you about what is intermittent fasting and how to properly establish a diet to improve health, we will tell in this article.
The benefits of intermittent fasting
Intermittent fasting is a food system in which you need to eat food for four or eight hours a day and strictly at a certain time. During the rest of the hours, only drinking water or juices is allowed.
Subscribe to our INSTAGRAM account!
Interestingly, in 2017, in Silicon Valley, intermittent fasting literally flooded managers, and this was preceded by the Nobel Prize received a year earlier by Japanese scientist in the field of medicine and physiology Yoshinori Osumi. He was studying the process of autophagy, that is, the mechanism by which cells independently get rid of defective elements. The scientist found that the rate of cell cleansing depends on the energy level in them and when this level is not enough, the cells begin to intensively destroy damaged elements or old proteins, converting them into an energy source. Osumi conducted experiments on ordinary hungry yeast, but people from Silicon Valley decided to test this mechanism for themselves.
There are several schemes of fasting, but their essence is the same – a day or a week is divided into two time intervals, in one of which you can eat anything you want, and in the other you can only drink.
There are several options for the ratio of such gaps, for example:
1. 16/8, that is, we starve for 16 hours and eat for 8 hours. You can eat it, for example, from 10 to 18 o’clock in the afternoon for 3-4 doses, and the rest of the time you can drink water or juices.
2. 14/10 – an easier option, when you have to fast for 14 hours and eat for 10 hours (for example, from 10 am to 6 pm).
3. 20/0 – a complex dietary scheme, implying refusal to eat for a day and eating food for the next day. According to this scheme, you can eat no more than a couple of times a week.
4. 2/5 – 2 days a week you need to starve (minimum consumption of food is allowed, no more than 500 kcal per day), and for 5 days you have everything you want.
Subscribe to Econet in Pinterest!
How Intermittent Fasting Works
1. Excess weight goes away.
2. The brain activity improves.
3. The work of the heart, the condition of the blood vessels and blood pressure are normalized.
4. Reduces the risk of developing diabetes and oncology.
5. The aging process slows down as the body becomes more resistant to oxidative stress.
Intermittent fasting has the potential to improve your health and your quality of life, so it’s worth trying this diet plan, unless, of course, your therapist doesn’t mind. published by econet.ru
Video compilation HEALTH MATRIX
The best specialists in holistic medicine, doctors, osteopaths, kinesiologists, nutritionists share their knowledge in the field of restoration and preservation of health.
PS And remember, just by changing your consciousness – together we are changing the world! © econet
* Articles from Econet.ru are intended for informational and educational purposes only and do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your doctor for any questions you may have about your health condition.