It is worth remembering that blood pressure is below 85 mm. Hg. Art. – hazardous to health.
See also: How to measure pressure: Suprun tips
Low pressure symptoms
Headache, dizziness; Weakness; Fatigue; Emotional instability; Sleep disturbance; Heartbeat; Darkening in the eyes; Decreased mental and physical performance;
How to identify the cause of low pressure?
Blood tests (search for anemia and diabetes), ECG (arrhythmias), ECHO-KG (heart failure, valvular pathology), blood cortisol (adrenal glands).
Sample Valsalva. The test checks the function of the autonomic nervous system by analyzing the pulse and blood pressure. After several cycles of deep breathing, you take a deep breath, and then exhale air through your lips, as if trying to inflate a balloon.
Low pressure – the causes of anemia;
taking medications to lower blood pressure, diuretics, antidepressants, muscle relaxants
heat or sunstroke.
Table tilt test. If you have low blood pressure in a standing position or because of a disturbance in the supply of brain signals (neural-mediated hypotension), the test may detect this. During the test, you are lying on an inclined table, this simulates the movement from a horizontal position to a standing position. At this time, the difference in blood pressure is measured.
Low blood pressure can be a symptom of serious illness.
HELL without complaints is probably the norm. In other cases, treatment depends on the root cause. For example, when low blood pressure is caused by medication, the regimen changes.
How to increase blood pressure?
Depending on age, health level and type of low blood pressure, you can follow these tips:
1. Use more salt. Experts recommend that healthy people limit the amount of salt in the diet. However, sodium can increase blood pressure, sometimes for hypotension it is good. But you need a doctor’s consultation.
2. Drink more water. Fluids increase blood volume.
3. Wear compression stockings. Due to the redistribution of fluid, blood pressure rises.
4. Medicines: Fludrocortisone, Midodrin, etc. (only as prescribed by the doctor).
5. Eliminate alcohol.
6. Rational nutrition (frequent, low-carb).
7. Sleep at an angle of 45 degrees (legs above the head).
8. Do not stand up sharply, do not sit with legs crossed. Sit for a few minutes, breathing deeply, then get up.
More news regarding treatment, medicine, nutrition, healthy living and much more – read in the Health section.