Not necessarily a child with autism will have all these signs. Some of them are found in children without disorders. But with the help of this list you can make a diagnosis. If there are such symptoms, you should be alert and consult a doctor.
See also: Scientists have destroyed the myth of the dangers of measles, rubella and parotitis vaccines
The main signs of autism are:
1. Does not respond to your name until 12 months.
2. Does not indicate items to show their interest to 14 months.
3. Does not play imaginary games (for example, feeds a doll) up to 18 months.
4. Do not speak up to two years.
5. Avoid eye contact.
6. Repeats words or phrases again and again, without addressing people.
7. Do not allow yourself to hold, hug and kiss – neither parents nor other people.
8. Grieves over minor changes.
9. Prefers loneliness, does not show interest in games of other children.
10. Often makes repetitive actions (for example, swinging, waving his arms or spinning around his axis).
11. It is difficult to perceive how familiar things look, feel or smell.
Read more about autism and how you can help people with this disorder.
For more news on treatment, medicine, nutrition, healthy lifestyles, and more, see the Health section.