For every Metalloinvest plant, there has been a medical service for several decades. About what unites them, as well as about innovations in equipment and maintenance, in an interview with the head of the Health Protection Department of Metalloinvest Management Company, Andrey Salnikov.
– Andrei Anatolyevich, what are the goals of the program to reduce occupational morbidity implemented in Metalloinvest in collaboration with the Scientific Research Institute of Occupational Medicine named after academician N. F. Izmerov?
– This program is a new innovative project in the framework of the prevention of occupational diseases. She is supervised by the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection, and she is aimed at the prevention of various diseases that can be obtained at work. We have completely changed the approach to this problem. If earlier, in accordance with federal law, we examined and treated an employee AFTER identifying occupational diseases, now we have taken a step into preventive, preventive medicine.
– How does this program work?
– Together with the Research Institute of Medicine and Labor, we have developed methods to anticipate events. A number of preclinical manifestations can be recorded using laboratory research methods. Therefore, in our medical facilities for workers, we identify preclinical early signs, the first "calls" that are not symptoms yet. Then we direct all our preventive attention to them, preventing them from developing into a disease.
– Can we talk about the results?
– The project started in 2018 at the Lebedinsky GOK. As a result, we selected a group of 645 employees, for whom LebGOK-Health conducts preventive measures. First of all, this is treatment in a day hospital, physiotherapy, drug treatment, the organization of spa treatment. At other enterprises, 2019 is dedicated to identifying this group. That is, now we are engaged in diagnostics, and next year we will begin treatment of this group, I would say, not yet sick, but perhaps in the future they would receive some kind of pathology. With our help, the company's employees will be able to avoid this.
– If an employee has signs of occupational disease, what actions does the company take?
– We not only treat such an employee, but also remove him from work related to a harmful factor that is detrimental to his health. But it is important to remember that the program is primarily aimed at identifying early signs when there is no occupational pathology as such and we can prevent it.
– Metalloinvest restores the health of workers with the help of spa treatment. How is this process organized?
– For seven years we have been approaching this work more than responsibly and in an organized manner. We make the so-called sanatorium-resort selection. Not every employee is referred for spa treatment: for this he must have medical indications – only in this case this type of treatment will be effective.
– How do you choose sanatoriums for cooperation?
– Once every two years, an expert commission composed of doctors, representatives of social directorates makes a detour of the country's leading sanatoriums in different climatic zones. This is the middle strip of Russia, for example, the Minvody, and the Black Sea coast, and Crimea. Within a month, the sanatoriums that are best suited for our company are selected according to the criteria. Today, as sustainable partners, we have about seven sanatoriums with which we have long-term relationships. They are recognizable and already loved by our employees.
– How many employees of the company undergo spa treatment this year?
– By the end of the year, at least 7,000 employees should undergo spa treatment. This is a good figure: it speaks of coverage of at least 16% of employees at the company's enterprises with sanitation.
– Can sanatorium-resort treatment be received only by employees of enterprises or pensioners too?
– Of course, pensioners who worked at the company's enterprises, too. And I would speak not only about them, but also about family members of our employees. For example, we have a program called “Mother and Child”, which provides an opportunity not only for employees to get better health, but also for their children.
– What other innovations in the field of corporate healthcare are planned to be introduced in the near future?
– The formation of a single information base is now a priority task for us. Analysis of the data will allow the development and implementation of preventive measures. Although we have already taken a serious step forward. For example, a medical information system is installed in LebGOK-Health, this year it will be installed in the ChLPU "Ambulatory" in Zheleznogorsk. And next year we will continue to automate all our processes. This is an ambitious IT-project in medicine, which we expect to implement next year.
Andrey Salnikov in the studio of the Media Center