Why do acne occur on my back?
In most cases, these are the same reasons as acne on the face (80% – increased sensitivity of the sebaceous glands to any level of androgen hormones), said dermatologist Svetlana Yakubovskaya.
See also: How to cure acne: doctor's advice
Less commonly, this is an active reproduction of part of our normal skin flora (fungi of the genus Malasses), which is called Malaseza-folliculitis (rashes are more painful, itch, occur in the form of red pustules).
How to treat acne on your back?
1. Benzoyl peroxide is the gold standard for treating acne on the back. It is more convenient to use it on the back area as part of special skin cleansers (Acne Free, ProActiv, PanOxyl lines), as a shower gel – once a day in the evening for 3 months according to instructions.
Pimples on the back should not be crushed either.
2. Retinoids. They will also work on the back (Klenzit, Adaklin, Retasol gels). Apply in the evening after a shower daily.
3. Pointwise local antibiotics (Davercin, Zerkalin). Not longer than 1.5 months.
4. Spot drying agents (sos paste from Uryazh, calamine lotion, etc.) for a long time.
5. Try not to use regular shower gels (replace your gel with foam), scrub (injures your skin and abscesses), soap (tar, household, etc.), and a washcloth.
6. After exercising, take a shower immediately and change clothes.
7. Avoid wearing the backpack on the back, with its friction it can provoke the appearance of new inflammations.
8. Try not to crush acne. This rule is important not only for the face, but also for the back.
More news regarding treatment, medicine, nutrition, healthy living and much more – read in the Health section.