Four stories of Swan doctors: Lyudmila Velichkova, Svetlana Semerova, Daria Zhilina and Inna Sokolova told about childhood dreams and choice of profession, and also shared recipes for happiness, good spirits and harmony with the world.
TO WORK WITH JOY, FROM WORK – WITH PRIDE!
Photo: Alexander Belashov / Media Center
For ten years now, a paramedic Lyudmila Velichkova has been working with such a facility in the health center of the Lebedinsky GOK concentrator. She talked about how a childhood dream has become a life-long affair.
In fact, her grandfather wanted Lyudmila to become a pianist. Concert Hall, Mozart and Strauss chords, flowers, ovations – romance. He even bought an instrument that suffered a sad fate: for the time being, he stood in the corner. And all this is because from childhood, the heroine of this story was attracted by a different “melody”, medical. The fact is that her aunt worked as the head of the health center at the silicate brick factory, so they ran with her cousin's sister. Everything was beckoning: medicines in the lockers, and neat piles of cards on the table, and a special, some kind of light aroma with a smack of medicines. Seeing such an interest, uncle made an entire cabinet for young doctors, at the reception of which courtyard comrades and even his favorite toys, which had been enchanted on occasion, were recorded. Recipes were written out for everyone, procedures were prescribed, and everyone would certainly recover! The game was a game, and Lyudmila, a schoolgirl, also cleverly put in cans to fight cough. So children's passion grew into a desire to devote himself to the medical profession. Therefore, after school, she entered the Stary Oskol Medical School (now – medical college).
– It was very interesting to study, a person is the whole Universe with its laws of life and development. And, in order to be healthy yourself and help not to hurt others, the paramedic must be competent, attentive and friendly, ”the source said.
The student life ended in a difficult time: in 1995 there was an outbreak of diphtheria in the city, so Lyudmila, the holder of a red diploma, and five more girlfriends, also smart and beautiful, went to work in the children's infectious ward of the city hospital No. 1. There is the heroine of this story. helped boys and girls cope with viral ailments for as long as 15 years. And in 2010, she changed her job, taking a shift at the health center of the Lebedinsky mining and processing enterprise. Today, under the control of paramedic Velichkova 1,823 enrichment plant. Her job responsibilities include primary care, pre-shift examinations, vaccination, documentation, and many more working moments. Her colleagues respect her, and Swans love her for her friendly approach and easy hand: she will make an injection that the mosquito is imperceptible and absolutely without pain. This is because for many years Lyudmila Nikolaevna has followed folk wisdom: “You have to go to work with joy, and from work – with pride!”
By the way, the grandfather’s dream still came true: Anna, the daughter of the heroine of this short story, is a piano student at the Belgorod Institute of Culture and Arts. So Rachmaninov and Vivaldi sound in the house! And son Andrei comprehends engineering science at STI NITU MISiS. They brought up such wonderful children in peace and harmony with their spouse. On the Day of the Paramedic, the whole family will gather to say many sincere kind words to the hero of the occasion. And Lyudmila Velichkova herself wishes all people in white coats to be healthy, take care of themselves, as well as well-being in the family and good mood. After all, the atmosphere around depends on this!
DOCTOR'S GOOD LUCK RECIPE
Photo: Alexander Belashov / Media Center
For three decades, the therapist, the head of the clinic Svetlana Semerova has been monitoring the health of workers at the plant. On the eve of Medic’s Day, she wrote all the Swans their own recipe for happiness.
Our distant Slavic ancestors believed that the first guest to the cradle of the baby was an angel, who, looking at the forehead (that is, the forehead) of the crumbs, read his fate and wrote down the "dossier" on the tablet. So much for the family! The heroine of this story had at least two circumstances: the heavenly guardian discerned and recorded the talent of a doctor, and, having already descended from heaven to earth, it is worth saying that she was born in a family of pediatricians.
About the choice of profession, the head of the clinic of LebGOK-Health Svetlana Semerova with a smile says:
– To grow up in a family of doctors and say that she came to medicine by chance, it would be cunning!
Her parents were pediatricians, therefore, without the same cunning, we can say that my interlocutor from my youth knew the “black inside” of white coats. What can I say, the drug trade at all times was complex, responsible and not always grateful. Although it is recognized in secret that she was very fond of mathematics at school, nevertheless, after graduating from high school, Svetlana entered the Kursk Medical Institute. It was not easy to learn – such a volume of specialized subjects (which one Latin was worth it!), But interesting: I liked to learn and try something new, to open the horizons of complex medical sciences. But both the anatomical and the operating room, where students were invited to help (hold, file, tie the knot) by experienced senior comrades, entered without fear.
In 1989, after completing an internship and receiving a therapist’s diploma, she was assigned to the MSC Lebedinsky GOK by distribution, to workshop department No. 4.
– I came to the industrial site and have been working in one place all my life! – explains Svetlana Georgievna. – After the institute, it was a little scary: everything is new, because there is its own specificity – industrial medicine, this is a slightly different direction. Thanks nurse Valentina Shchebletova accepted and took in the "embrace", helped to figure it out, prompted the newly-made specialist. In general, I’ve been lucky all my life with people: mentors, colleagues, friends, we have not just a wonderful and friendly team, but a great team!
In her ranks, my interlocutor went from an ordinary therapist to the head of a clinic.
For three decades, thousands of patients passed through the hands of Dr. Semerova, and a pound of pens went to prescription. Here the setting is special, because the therapist is a healer not only of the body, but also of the soul. Each reception begins with a smile, a sincere greeting. Even if in the morning something didn’t work out and just became discouraged, everything remains “overboard” – the patient has only great emotions! With regards to the recipe, on the eve of the professional holiday, Svetlana Georgievna writes out a company-wide recipe for good luck: health, health, and again health, and this is hard work, discipline, understanding and happiness! With such a set of “medicines”, both life and mood will definitely be healthy!
Everything will be fine!
The whole life of my interlocutor is directly connected with the plant. By the way, a husband works with whom they raised two daughters. Returning to the angel, who guards babies with a tablet, we can say that the school love for mathematics did not pass: the eldest daughter, named Love, the patron clearly traced a discriminant or a logarithm. The girl connected life with the engineering profession. And the youngest, Nadezhda, is written in the family to continue the work related to the treatment of people. Today, after graduating from medical school, she works as a pharmacist. There is one more full owner in the house, more precisely, the mistress – Chloe's favorite – a Scottish straight cat. And “straightforward”: it always clearly defines who is currently the head of the situation. Finishing the conversation, Svetlana Georgievna wishes her colleagues a professional holiday, so that everything goes well and argues, there is happiness around. And the signature ray shining in the eyes of Dr. Semerova is like a visa in a recipe for good luck: believe in good things and everything will turn out!
CARE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
Photo: Alexander Belashov / Media Center
… the nurse of functional diagnostics of LLC LebGOK-Health Darya Zhilina is working. She has long understood that her vocation is to help maintain good health, not only of people, but also of our smaller brothers.
For many doctors with whom I have crossed paths, the history of the profession originates in the dynasty of doctors. Many "followers of Aesculapius" followed in the footsteps of their fathers and mothers, grandfathers and grandmothers. But the case of this heroine was unexpected for me: the fact is that Daria did not think in her childhood that she would once help to treat people, she wanted to become a veterinarian! Cats made a dream come true: when little Dasha came to visit her grandmother in the village in the summer, she had to patronize the "mustachioe-striped" – they were very fighting! After walking and constant skirmishes with dogs, they returned in the evening, and sometimes after a few days, rumpled and bitten. Then Dasha grabbed the animals in an armful and began to wash, process wounds and bandage. The cats grumbled, meowed plaintively, but they obeyed their little doctor. And the adult girl strictly chastised the fluffy "hooligans", but never threw them in trouble.
Over time, pet care turned into a hobby, and as a profession, Daria Zhilina mastered nursing by graduating from the Stary Oskol College of Medicine, and in 2017 got a job at the LebGOK-Health Polyclinic at Lebedinsky GOK – a functional diagnostic nurse.
– Most of the time I work in the electrocardiography room, but I also often help with reovasography – this is a modern way of examining the vessels of the arms and legs. Using RVG, you can find out their condition, patency, blood flow velocity and much more. And in this way to determine whether a person is healthy or if there are any deviations that need to be paid attention to, the interlocutor says. – I am also involved in the so-called “Holter monitoring” – this is a method of continuous ECG measurement during the day. We install a special device – a halter, which records a person’s heart rhythm for 24 hours, and then we analyze the overall result and see what the dynamics are. In general, functional diagnostics is one of the most interesting and useful areas in medicine. Especially with the high-quality equipment that our clinic is equipped with, examinations for patients are comfortable and quick. At the same time, we, of course, explain to each of our visitors in detail what and how to do it, smile, joke so that the person feels relaxed and calm. Although, we must pay tribute to them: our patients are well done – they are responsible and listen to our words!
In addition to conducting surveys, Daria registers each person’s results in the database, keeps records and, of course, ensures sanitation of all equipment and the office premises. Everything is very clear, in accordance with the regulations, because mistakes cannot be made – the result, and therefore the health of the swans, depends on the correct routine.
By the way, now it is more important than ever: at the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, Daria Zhilina was involved in testing for coronavirus. Every day, along with her colleagues, Daria takes smears from employees of the plant, who are in the so-called risk group. For example, those who are faced with a large number of people (security guards, drivers, etc.).
– The divisions of the plant send us lists, and we take tests from the workers listed there. The first time, of course, was very intense and everything inside trembled from the awareness of the responsibility of this matter. Now I have become a little calmer, ”says Daria. – The process is established, everything goes according to the instructions, in protective equipment, which then goes through a strict disinfection, as well as equipment, facilities and even the employees themselves. In addition, we have an excellent team and leadership: everyone supports each other, and this helps us to do our job efficiently, be safe and help prevent the spread of the virus. On the eve of the holiday, I want to wish all my colleagues, despite the situation, to maintain a calm mind, good spirits, not give in to panic and confidently fulfill their duties. And I want to ask Lebedins – do not neglect prevention and protective measures! And listen to the words of the doctors – our friendly team of professionals ensures that you are healthy!
CALLING – HELPING PEOPLE
Photo: Alexander Belashov / Media Center
The head nurse of LebGOK-Health LLC Inna Sokolova spent her whole life at the military post: both within the walls of a medical institution, and even on vacation.
When your favorite pastime is treating dolls and teddy bears, and your aunt is a resuscitation anesthetist, it’s impossible to choose a profession that is not related to medicine. Inna Sokolova from infancy absorbed a love of nursing. Her desire to help people grew stronger with each new story about the profession and a visit to a relative to work.
– I think that the medical profession is one of the most important in the world. We only understand this and begin to appreciate it when some health problems arise. Medicine has always been close to me, apparently this is a vocation. Over the years, I understand that becoming the nurse was the only right decision for me, ”the heroine of this story admitted.
In 1990, after graduating from the Apatity Medical School (Inna Sokolova lived in the Murmansk Region in her youth, author's note), she worked as a resuscitation anesthetist in a hospital in the region. Then there were eight years of insanely difficult work both in the moral and physical sense.
– They just say that over time you get used to everything. Do not get used to it. Complicated and difficult patients come to intensive care, someone leaves … I never learned not to let through all the pain and bitterness of loss, although everyone advised me to be calm. This work forever left a huge mark in my life, ”Inna Alexandrovna recalls.
Twist of fate
The mother of our heroine Valentina Alekseevna Gulyaeva (now a pensioner and, in recent years, deputy chairman of the trade union committee of Lebedinsky GOK) moved to Gubkin. The family of Inna Sokolova came to visit, saw a small and cozy town and decided that I would be moving!
– Since 1997, Lebedinsky GOK has become my place of work. I started as a ward nurse of a day hospital, in 2011 I was transferred as a senior nurse of the medical and preventive department of the clinic, ”Inna Sokolova said.
And life spun in a new way. Every morning, the senior nurse needs to go around the four floors of the clinic, check to see if everyone has gone to work, to check if everything is in order. And this is for a moment a team of fifty doctors and nurses. If necessary, you need to make personnel changes or replace the nurse herself at the appointment or in the treatment room.
Then the next working stage is the medical commission (where an examination of temporary disability, professional fitness) is carried out, where the heroine of this story is the secretary. After VK Inna Alexandrovna conducts a reception of patients together with a general practitioner. And so every day. In addition, as a senior nurse of the department, patients and colleagues turn to her with questions and problems. To each she comes to the rescue with an unchanging smile.
– People turn constantly: to find a card for someone, take someone to the right specialist or suggest something. When you help people, it’s all the same in what: you saved him from death or helped in the little things, his gratitude is the best reward. If a person leaves you and says warm words, you understand that you are needed, – Inna Sokolova admitted.
And a little psychologist
The heroine of this story said many warm words about colleagues who are always ready to help and support, and expressed gratitude to everyone – doctors, nurses, nurses – for their joint work, diligence, and revenue. And she also asked in the current difficult conditions to follow the recommended preventive measures and take care of herself.
Most often, patients are friendly to the medical staff. But you must admit, situations are sometimes unpredictable.
– All people are different. Someone will calmly survive this or that difficulty, another – on emotions. Therefore, we need to be psychologists. I myself try to control myself, and I teach nurses to look for an approach to each patient, then you can find a way out of any situation without scandals, ”Inna Alexandrovna is convinced.
And walking with your spouse and orchid cultivation help you feel in harmony with the world of a senior nurse.
Always on duty
Doctors are a special category of people: they always remain responsive to any disaster, being at the workplace or far beyond.
– You are a nurse or a doctor, we must always remain doctors and come to the rescue in any situation. This is a profession that cannot be left outside the door of your office, ”Inna Sokolova believes.
Extraordinary situations have occurred in the life of our heroine, when we had to get involved in work in extreme conditions.
– A few years ago we flew on vacation and heard a message from the conductors asking them to respond to the doctors. Как выяснилось, одному из пассажиров стало плохо, видимо, из-за перепада атмосферного давления у него случился гипертонический криз. На борту был ещё врач, вместе оказали помощь и полетели дальше, — скромно рассказала старшая медсестра.
За годы работы Инна Соколова была удостоена наград самых разных уровней: почётных грамот и благодарностей руководства ЛебГОК-Здоровья, профкома и комбината, но самым значимым считает право находиться среди других передовиков Лебединского ГОКа на Галерее почёта.
— Награду вручили в торжественной обстановке. Очень приятно и стимулирует продолжать работать в том же духе, — поделилась Инна Александровна.
Это профессия, которую невозможно оставить за порогом своего кабинета.