Science does not stand still, and new data on proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle are constantly appearing. Docplus has compiled nutritional myths that most still believe in.
See also: The most common beauty care myths to forget
1. Hot food is not a necessary rule of a healthy diet. The stomach doesn’t care: it cools or heats food to the temperature that it needs.
2. Soups are not a mandatory rule of healthy eating. But the use of soups correlates with less weight, because soups are low in calories.
3. Breakfast is not a necessary rule of healthy eating. Breakfast – well, do not eat breakfast and do not want to – do not force yourself.
Breakfast is optional
4. Food that has fallen on the floor contains germs, and the rule of 5 seconds will not save: germs move to food almost instantly. The more moisture in food, the more microbes will be: dumpling from the floor is more dangerous than a dry cracker.
5. Drinking food is not harmful. You can even drink hotter cold or vice versa. The main thing is that the drink should not be too hot – above 65 ° C.
6. Dinner 3-4 hours before bedtime does not increase the risk of excess weight. What matters is the overall control of calories consumed and their costs, not whether you eat after 18 or not.
7. Healthy foods do not have to be raw or fresh (this is not about shelf life). Canned or dried fruits and vegetables can be cheaper than junk food and have all their nutritional properties.
8. Microwave food is not harmful. Microwave radiation is not ionizing, that is, it cannot change the structure of molecules.
9. Fasting is usually more harmful than good. Starvation really helps to lose weight, but only in the short term. When fasting, a person loses muscles, and then his appetite increases greatly and fills them with adipose tissue. "Slags", from which fasting helps to get rid of – a pseudoscientific concept, the body itself displays everything that it does not need.
10. Milk does not prevent fractures, although it does not remove calcium from bones. It also does not cause acne.
11. There is no carbohydrate window that must be closed after training.
12. Swallowed chewing gum is often not dangerous. Although chewing gum is not digested, it is excreted along with other waste. The statement that chewing gum is not digested and has been in the body for 7 years is a myth.
13. Bread is not dangerous due to yeast. They die at a temperature of 55-60 ° C. Whereas the temperature of the bread that has just been baked is 100 ° C.
14. Gluten is not dangerous for 99% of people and can be dangerous only for 1% of people with intolerance.
15. By the composition of the hair, you can assess the quality of nutrition. Doing a spectral analysis of hair for trace elements is a waste of money.
16. Hot food should not be refrigerated. It does not deteriorate sooner, does not spoil neighboring products and does not wear out the refrigerator faster. But there are two points to consider: hot food in the refrigerator leads to an increase in the refrigerator’s electricity consumption, but this advice is not relevant for old refrigerators where there is no automatic defrosting system.
17. The frequency of death among vegans, vegetarians and meat-eaters is about the same. It was previously thought that vegans and vegetarians live longer, but a new study has refuted this information.
More news on treatment, medicine, nutrition, healthy living and much more – read in the Health section.