About the features of care and hygiene of the male body, said the family doctor Violetta Lake.
See also: Intimate hygiene step by step: check if you know the basic rules
Hygiene rules for men
1. Men's day should begin and end with a hygienic shower. Adjustable at will and opportunity.
2. Genital organs: the penis, perineum, anal area, scrotum and groin area are recommended to be washed 2 times a day.
3. During the day, smegma (excretory secretion, epithelium and moisture) accumulates under the foreskin. Such an environment is favorable for the occurrence of inflammatory diseases such as balanitis (inflammation of the head of the penis).
Men should wash their groin twice a day
4. The penis should be washed thoroughly with warm water using a foamy agent, odorless and with a minimum of components, pulling the foreskin. Complete the procedure with a thorough rinse with water.
5. The area of the testicles, anus, and groin also needs to be washed with the product and water.
6. Overheating of the testicular area is not recommended. Use warm, but not hot water. This negatively affects sperm.
7. After washing, wipe the penis and perineum dry.
8. After sex or masturbation, take a shower or rinse thoroughly with warm water.
9. The hair on a man’s body should be trimmed or shaved from time to time. Inadequate hygiene, sweat, accumulation of microorganisms leads to unpleasant odor and inflammation in the armpits and pubis.
10. It is recommended to wash the body with neutral soap or shower gel.
11. Men naturally have oily skin, which is why facial cleansing is required twice a day. Children often suffer from acne, so thorough washing and periodic exfoliation (peeling) are important.
12. Use deodorants without pungent, artificial odors. If sweating interferes with life, botulinum therapy can be used.
13. Pay attention to the laundry. Men's underpants should be made of plain fabric and loose.
14. Have safe sex, use condoms.
15. Be sure to visit your doctor once a year.
More news regarding treatment, medicine, nutrition, healthy living and much more – read in the Health section.